October 8, 2008

Dear Ohio,

I'll admit that you were ready for me and such planning has won me over. The drive to your state was breathtaking - Sandstone Mountain in West Virginia was covered with autumn leaves at their peak, the view from the New River Gorge was perfect, the drive over the Ohio River into your lovely state at sunset was better than I'd hoped for. And, then Ohio, you didn't stop there. Not only did you enchant me with your rolling hills, roadside cliffs and fall foliage, you made me laugh with your drive-thru ammo shops, your moonshine festival, your signs I didn't understand ("Caution: Pier Ahead" and "No Turn From Berm") and the random oil wells in otherwise normally landscaped front yards. Your people were friendly, your towns quaint, and your roads soooooo easy to cruise down. Now, granted, I only saw the Southeast part of your state but so far you've impressed me. There are several little towns that I've decided I wouldn't mind living in and I'm trying to decide whether or not we should root for the OSU Buckeyes in Columbus or the OU Bobcats in Athens, both in our new backyard. Should we go hiking our first weekend there or head to the big city to explore? I'm excited about moving to a state with only 4 letters in its name. In fact, I told our rental office today that I hope to be living with you by the end of October. So, thank you, Ohio for making my first visit such a great one. I plan on getting to know you even better very soon!

Love,

Your Soon-To-Be-Ohioan Friend

PS - Is Ohioan a word???

No comments: