January 29, 2009

Dear Outside World,

This is what is keeping me from loving Ohio. The kids out of school for 5 days because of snow and ice (it's currently a snow, ice, snow sandwich with more snow forecasted for tonight and tomorrow). No cable which means no internet, television, or phone. Then the Wii decided to shut down (probably out of principle) and then the electricity wanted to follow suit. Yes, we have a gas stove and heat but...um...they both want electricity to turn on. Brilliant!! Thankfully, the owners of our house have backup battery lighting in most rooms. It's dim but better than sitting around with candles. And we've got the woodstove and the gas fireplaces to keep warm. It could be much worse. But, still, did I mention tomorrow will be day number 5??? Dear Outside World, I'm going crazy. Thankfully, Jeremy noticed the psychotic gleam in my eye and quickly let me use his aircard and charged the laptop in his truck. Otherwise I might be screaming outside, flapping my arms, sliding on the ice, looking like a crazy lady. It was a very, very close call.

Hey, but the good news is that I've had lots o' time to take photos of icy things. I'll post a couple when I get my own computer back :)

No comments: