September 8, 2009

Peeping Tom

We have a deer family that visits our yard almost every evening. We're right on the edge of the woods and all the dogs on our little section of street are never let off leash so I guess it's an ideal dinnertime haunt. The doe and fawn always stay in the backyard. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen them come more than halfway to the house. I suppose they like to keep the sheltering woods close by. However, since the apples on the trees in our front/side yard have become ready to eat, the buck has been venturing closer and closer to the house. (Unfortunately, this means that Maggie is forced to bark and growl and threaten his life...usually at the most annoying times possible :). The other day I was in Olivia's room, checking out the excellent cleaning job she'd done when I saw the buck out front. I ran and grabbed my camera, knowing that I wouldn't be able to get a good shot through the screen on her window and the distance to the deer but unable to resist trying anyway. Imagine my surprise when I put my camera close to the glass and the deer came to greet me. He cocked his head, walked closer, and looked right into the window.

No comments: