September 26, 2008

And So It Goes

Once again, I've found myself slacking with this blog. It seems that things have been so busy with school starting and trying to get things in order at the apartment. In fact, this weekend was supposed to be our first real weekend in Roanoke. We had nothing planned, nowhere to be, we were all looking forward to it. Because, really, I feel like we haven't had time to explore the city or take advantage of the new things and activities we have nearby. As some of you know, I wasn't sure about moving here, after all Roanoke has never really captured my heart. But I've been surprised by how much I like it so far and so my plan was to write a post about what I like about the town so far. The list was already started in my head, a Dear Roanoke letter of sorts.

And then...cue dramatic music...

We got the call this morning. Jeremy is being sent to New Lexington, Ohio and has to be there on Monday. Yep, today is Friday and he has to be there on Monday. Ahh, the joys of railroading...the thrill of no notice...the fact that we're still paying a mortgage on top of our rent and now need to find a new place to live :) The kids are not thrilled. They've made lots of new friends, they're enjoying taekwondo and gymnastics and piano and living close to their Granny and Poppie but I'm trying to present it as an adventure and, hey, at least the 4 of us will be together, right???

I don't have details yet. We just know that Jeremy leaves on Sunday. The kids and I will stay in Roanoke until things become more official...there are movers to schedule, housing to find, classes and apartments to cancel, mail to forward (again! It took 4 weeks for the mail to start being forwarded here!), schools to withdraw from and enroll in, friends and family to notify. I'm hoping we'll be able to join him in Ohio before the end of October so I guess my dreams of a lazy weekend or a few normal days will have to be put on the backburner as we start the process all over again. Hang on to your hats, it's gonna be an interesting ride as I'm thrown back into single mom-hood again for a while. As always, I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: