March 8, 2009

Hiking at Dow Lake Dam

I've been talking about hiking since we moved here. Days, weeks, months, I've had the urge to find someplace close by where we could stretch our legs, enjoy some nature, and get away from town for the afternoon. I wasn't feeling great yesterday but the weather was too good to pass up. After ice skating and taekwondo the skies were sunny, the breeze was brisk and cool, and the temperature was 81 degrees. If I had been dying I still would have insisted on getting outside. We didn't have a lot of time and so a quick search on the internet found us some hiking trails just minutes away from town. We headed out for our first Ohio hike and even though I spent last night sniffling and sneezing, headachey and chilled, it was worth it for that little bit of time outside breathing in the fresh air. Tonight the thunder is rolling in and tomorrow will go back to being chilly but the perfect Springness of yesterday will carry us through.

No comments: