March 31, 2009

Spring Break

Ahh, last week was a much needed week off. All in all it was pretty perfect for everybody. Jeremy had a chance to have some time to himself (which never happens). And how does my crazy husband spend his 3 days alone? By eating chili and watching old movies and working. But he was relaxed and happy so who am I to judge?? :)


Because the kids were off to Granny's to spend the week I got a chance to head southeast to Charlottesville. It was so great to be able to visit with several friends and just hang out (and eat fantastic Thai food thanks to Kelly putting up with my pad thai chicken obsession - nothing quite like it here) and have some kid free time. The trees and flowers were blooming and allergies were in full swing but it was beautiful to see my beloved Virginia.

The kids had such a great week with Granny and Poppie that they didn't want to come home. There was shopping and a movie and 2 days at school with old friends and teachers. Noah had 2 sleepovers and Olivia got her hair and nails done (painted with bunnies and flowers :)). They came home loaded down with new Webkinz and books and lots of stories of adventure. I missed them terribly while they were gone but it was a good, much needed break for everyone.

We'll be back to Virginia at the end of April for a quick weekend visit to have our annual Spring photos done. I'm counting down the days already!

(That said, Ohio has been trying to woo me lately with its sudden springness...flowers everywhere, sunny skies, and perfect 75 degree days. Hmm...should I be worried?)

No comments: