May 7, 2009

Love Thursday - Home

It doesn't matter what kind of house we're living in. It doesn't matter the state or city or neighborhood. All that matters is who is with me. Home is my very favorite place to be.*


Welcome to Funkytown :) So, if we owned this house we'd totally be painting it (though the grey skies don't really allow the lime-greenness of the house to shine in the photo) but the fact that the shutters and beams and posts are made from trees that used to be in the backyard is very cool. The lavender lining the sidewalk is lovely in summer and fall. When you walk up to the house the smell of that mixed with the peonies is magic. The rhododendron to the right of the porch is where are cardinals hatched. I should mention that this house has a ton of windows. I love the light pouring into every room. Of course, this limits any privacy you might want to have. I don't like living in dark rooms and you can see, from this picture that even in the middle of the day, you can see right into the living room. Good thing the bathrooms are all on the back of the house :)

*It has been brought to my attention that I never post pics of the house. Partly that is because we don't own this house and I don't feel like we'll be here very long and partly because it's usually messy on the inside :) There will be more photos coming, though. Next week...my favorite part of this house...

No comments: